Old 20-02-2005, 05:13 PM
akayak65

Default Orchid Books and Resources

Is anyone familiar with this book at the following website as an orchid
growing resource and is it of any value?

www.orchidsecretsrevealed.com

Thanks

Old 20-02-2005, 06:05 PM
Dewitt

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 12:13:06 -0500, "akayak65"
wrote:

Is anyone familiar with this book at the following website as an orchid
growing resource and is it of any value?

www.orchidsecretsrevealed.com

I've never seen the book, but based on the website my guess is that
orchid growers would have been better off if the "long-lost manuscript
by orchid growing expert, Adelaide Willoughby" had stayed lost. The
website reads like a bad infomercial (But wait, there's more. You
also get a set of Ginsu knives.) and some of the teaser info is just
plain silly.

deg

Old 22-02-2005, 05:52 AM
Steve

akayak65 wrote:
Is anyone familiar with this book at the following website as an orchid
growing resource and is it of any value?

www.orchidsecretsrevealed.com

Thanks

I'm not going to read that entire page but...
Is there any place on that page where he says he will send you a book? I
don't think there is a book. I remember something from maybe 2 years ago
that I think was this exact "resource". It wasn't a book, it was going
to come as an attachment to an e-mail. What a deal.
You'll learn a lot more by just hanging around here and we don't charge
you anything.

Steve
Old 22-02-2005, 06:10 AM
Jerry Hoffmeister

geez, the first pix isn't even an orchid. how much u wanna guess the writer
of the first e-mail in this thread is affiliated with the website?

lkaboutgardening.com...

Old 23-02-2005, 02:44 PM
akayak65

Jerry...not affiliated with the website at all. Just a newbie to these
beautiful plants and when I did a Yahoo search on "growing orchids", that
was one of the sites that popped up.

Like Dewitt said in her response to me it sounded like a bad
infomercial...guaranteed not to rust, bust, rip, tear, peel or leak on
your leg in warm weather. And if you order this book before midnite
tonite, you will receive absolutely free a full set of Ginsu knives, a
bamboo steamer and a mood ring...

Old 10-03-2005, 07:40 AM
Reka

wrote:

Is anyone familiar with this book at the following website as an orchid
growing resource and is it of any value?

www.orchidsecretsrevealed.com

I've never seen the book, but based on the website my guess is that
orchid growers would have been better off if the "long-lost manuscript
by orchid growing expert, Adelaide Willoughby" had stayed lost. The
website reads like a bad infomercial (But wait, there's more. You
also get a set of Ginsu knives.) and some of the teaser info is just
plain silly.

deg

Here are a couple more I came across by accident:
http://www.sunshine-4u.com/orchid/index.html
What I like here is that the "Urgent" anniversary sale's dates are a
simple script to show the date on the viewer's computer...
And another Offer for an e-book (no mention of Ginsu knives - shucks!
That would have made me order it!)
http://www.orchidguidebook.com/
--
Reka