GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   trying different fertilizer mix?Input please! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/90249-trying-different-fertilizer-mix-input-please.html)

keith ;-\) 25-02-2005 09:52 PM

trying different fertilizer mix?Input please!

A guy from our society has recommended a fertilizer and adding sulphate of
ammonia .He came to my place and tested my rain water PH ,& my fertilizer I
am using in PPM.
PH 5.5
fert PPM around 250,which he says isn't enough this is tomerite 4-4.5-8 he
recommended to switch to this for bloom booster.
I grow in bark.
He recommended Phostrogen 14-10-27(mgO 2.5-SO3 11.0)&other trace elements to
many to list.
He mixes level 5 ml teaspoon of sulphate of ammonia & 5ml of phostrogen to
10 litres of water .
Does anyone have any input on this mix?
His plants are green and very healthy looking, too green I thought but
maybe mine are lacking nitrogen & too light in colour like he thinks?His do
flower also.I have just purchased dendrobium polysema this plant is a darker
green to mine.Mine are a more green to yellowish colour.

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.

bob 28-02-2005 01:13 PM

keith;
thanks for your rapid response. i would like to pass on information
but lost your e mail address. sorry. please re send it
drbob