Old 03-03-2005, 02:21 PM
bob

Default white spots on Phal leaves

I do not know what I have here but have dusted with Cinnamon just to be
safe. Any suggestions? Opinions?
Bob

Old 03-03-2005, 03:09 PM
Susan Erickson

On 3 Mar 2005 06:21:53 -0800, "bob" wrote:

I do not know what I have here but have dusted with Cinnamon just to be
safe. Any suggestions? Opinions?
Bob

Use rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball or Qtip and try rubbing them
off. IF it is bugs you will see the white become clear or just a
black speck.

It could also be residue from water if you mist or have draining
patterns on the leaves. If it is not bugs, wipe with lemon juice
and see if it is a water deposit.

I am assuming here we are talking about small white spots not
something the size of a dime or so that could be sun burn.

You did not define the problem well enough for me to help
further.
SuE