Old 07-03-2005, 06:19 PM
Eric Hunt

Default Flora Malesiana Orchid Series on CD-ROM - new ordering site

Hi everyone,

Andre Schuiteman just sent me an email informing me of the new secure
ordering website for the wonderful series of orchid CD-ROMs he and his
colleagues have produced.

http://www.etiis.org.uk/

The following volumes are available immediately:

Orchids of the Philippines Volume I - Illustrated checklist and genera
Orchids of New Guinea Volume I - Illustrated checklist and genera
Orchids of New Guinea Volume II - Dendrobium and allied genera

This volume will be released at the end of March 2005:

Orchids of New Guinea Volume III - Genera Acanthephippium to Hymenorchis

Someone donated Orchids of New Guinea Vol. I to my organization,
OrchidMania, and I can confirm that these CD-ROMs are top-notch and contain
a wealth of information.

I just ordered Orchids of New Guinea Vol. II for myself and the price
(including shipping) wasn't too bad, just 33.62 pounds (about $65) - this is
a discount over the original price directly from the authors.

Hopefully this easier way of ordering for those of us outside of the EU will
increase sales, which will allow Andre and his team to produce more
wonderful CD-ROMs.

Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with this project other than having a
desire to see it succeed.

Thanks,

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org