Old 11-03-2005, 02:14 AM
jj3000

Default sick orchid

I've received an orchid bought from the store, I forgot the type of
orchid but it is the one with the large round leaves, thin stems, and
white/purple flowers. The pot was poor and doesn't have any holes in
the bottom. The result is that the bark seem to look permanently
moist and I can see some tiny bugs crawling along it.

The couple of leaves have got burnt and fell off (I think I put it too
close to the window).. Only have a tiny leaf now below. I think the
roots might be rotting from the improper water venting.

I'd like to know the proper way to re-pot the plant, with some new
bark (what kind?) and the pot with be modified with some holes drilled
on the bottom.

BTW I also have another orchid, a different type, it's doing really
well, over 2 ft high, but the roots are sticking out the pot further
and further. What do I need to do to ensure it's survival? It has 3
stems in a pot.

Sorry about the lack of details I'm really new to these plants.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:17 AM

Try DIscover Orchids.com That should help you....Burr

Sick orchid - HELP! Jane Blatz Orchids 6 26-01-2017 04:51 PM
I'm sick of.....peas! What are you sick of? rachael simpson Edible Gardening 28 14-08-2007 09:10 PM
I'm sick of.....peas! What are you sick of? rachael simpson Gardening 25 05-08-2007 08:19 PM
I'm sick of.....peas! What are you sick of? Glenna Rose Edible Gardening 0 31-07-2007 09:36 PM
help with a sick orchid-laelia gouldiana [email protected] Gardening 1 13-12-2005 07:04 AM