Old 24-03-2005, 01:46 AM

Default New phrag. owner

Hi - I've always had phalaenopsis before and pretty good luck with (never
killed one). Recently, a friend gave me an 'Eric Young' and now I want to
add Phrags to my collection. Can someone with experience guide me in the
culture for the Phrags? Thanks in advance.

Old 24-03-2005, 02:54 PM
Rob Halgren

Hi - I've always had phalaenopsis before and pretty good luck with (never
killed one). Recently, a friend gave me an 'Eric Young' and now I want to
add Phrags to my collection. Can someone with experience guide me in the
culture for the Phrags? Thanks in advance.

If you can grow phals, you can grow most phrags. They play well
together. Eric Young is a good choice for you. The only difference is
that your phrag probably wants to stay a bit more on the wet side than
your phals. Some people leave them sitting in saucers of water (which
you do _not_ want to do with your phals). But you know what? If you
treat your phrag just like your phals (light, temperature, watering),
you will be just fine. That may not be quite optimal, but the plant
doesn't care that much.

If you see burnt tips on the leaves, that means your water isn't pure
enough or that you are over fertilizing. Use a bit less food than the
phals for optimum results. But, a few burnt leaf tips aren't the end of
the world, either. Cooler temperatures will bring out more red color in
the flower, and may give you slightly better flowers, but again that
isn't strictly necessary.

--
Rob's Rules:
http://littlefrogfarm.com

Old 24-03-2005, 11:51 PM
Pete-Paphraguy

Phrags are actually quite easy to grow, especially Eric Young. For more
Phrag info, pics and discussion, check out my new Slipper Orchid Forum.
Here is the link http://www.rainbowcomputers.net/forum Registration is free
so hope you would join and learn more about ladyslippers!

Pete

. ..

Old 25-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Rob Halgren

Pete-Paphraguy wrote:
Phrags are actually quite easy to grow, especially Eric Young. For more
Phrag info, pics and discussion, check out my new Slipper Orchid Forum.
Here is the link http://www.rainbowcomputers.net/forum Registration is free
so hope you would join and learn more about ladyslippers!

If for some reason you actually _can_ register... I tried and it never
worked...

Rob

Old 25-03-2005, 03:44 PM
Pete-Paphraguy

Hi, Rob!

What kind of problem are you having logging on to the forum? Please let me
know. Did you type in the correct PW? Did you use a valid email address?
Do you have spam blocker on? if you do, turn it off and after you you have
logged on, you should be able to turn it back on. Anyway, I activated your
account and if you remember your PW, you should be able to log on. Please
let me know.

Thanks!

Peter
SLIPPER ORCHID FORUM

New bamboo owner Amberinauburn Bamboo 2 18-12-2003 01:27 AM
new pond owner questions Deswinds Ponds (alternative) 3 15-08-2003 05:05 AM
new pond owner questions Deswinds Ponds 3 12-08-2003 02:48 PM
new owner of a japanese maple needs help! cbitzer Gardening 1 05-08-2003 10:32 PM
New home owner needs tips or advice on taking care of grass. Please Help!!! TIA!! Daniel Lawns 0 26-06-2003 07:56 PM