Old 14-04-2005, 04:07 AM

Default Culture of Pescatorea dayana

Could someone please advise me of the proper culture for Pescatorea
dayana. I need to know media, temp, light, rest period etc etc etc
TIA
Old 14-04-2005, 01:06 PM
Ray

I have mine growing in semi-hydro culture, so it gets water and fertilizer
year round. Temperatures range from lows of mid-50's in the winter, with
max around 70°-75°, to overall about 10°-15° warmer in the summer. Heavy
shade.

Old 14-04-2005, 10:09 PM
V_coerulea

Also either spray with Physan or other fungicide/bactericide regularly or
make sure ther is NO water in the leaves after watering. This probably also
goes for Chondrorhyncha, Cochleanthes, and Bollea. Otherwise, they're easy
and pretty.
Gary

Old 14-04-2005, 10:13 PM
V_coerulea

I meant to also say, while Ray has his in SH, I find they also grow well in
a seedling mix, paph mix, spaghnum (up to 6" pot), or just about anything
that will retain water and not dry out fast.
Gary