GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Epidendrum porpax (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/92619-epidendrum-porpax.html)

Reka 18-04-2005 08:13 AM

Epidendrum porpax

Anyone got any culture info or tips on this orchid? It is known as
either Neolehmannia, Nanodes, Epidendrum with epithet porpax or peperomia.
--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

Eric Hunt 22-04-2005 02:58 AM

Reka,

This is one of the easiest orchids to grow - just keep it moderately bright,
intermediate to warm, humid, and don't let it dry out. I've heard it likes
regular dilute fertilizer - one member of our society had a great one that
wouldn't bloom until she started fertilizing it.

Good luck!

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

Robert Dickow 30-04-2005 05:33 AM

Yes, Epi porpax is a weed. I had one that formed a carpet-like mat, like a
ground cover of dichondra or something. I just kept it with my cattleyas
and spilled some water on it once in a while. I figured it needed to be
eveny moist, since it has no pseudobulbs. That worked.

"Eric Hunt" wrote in
: