GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   whatever happened with... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/92780-whatever-happened.html)

auntymo 21-04-2005 02:27 AM

whatever happened with...

i recall someone posting something about a dendrobium spike in bud that had
been broken.
the poster was wondering if they would open if they put the spike in a glass
of water...

so whatever happened with that?

i'd also like to add that the freaky phal spike i have in a glass of water
is branching AGAIN. i think it may be possessed.

--mo--

Mick Fournier 21-04-2005 02:46 AM

Ray, Raaaaaay... where are you? The spike people are calling you again.

Mick

Larry 22-04-2005 03:05 AM

I had the Dendrobium spike in bud break off the plant. I put it in water and
the spike did great - that was the first weekend in March. The bids all
eventually opened, and I am now down to the last 4 on the spike near their
end. The original plant still has 2 spikes in bloom.

Larry