GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   deciphering (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/93046-deciphering.html)

Paulo 25-04-2005 11:12 PM

deciphering

Somebody can help me to understand this label in one of my orchids?

odtna. Lorraine's 14th woc "okika red" ACC/AOS

Thanks
--
Paulo

Xi Wang 26-04-2005 12:22 AM

The orchid in question is, Odontocidium Lorrainess Fourteenth Woc 'Okika
Red', which = Odontocidium Rustic Bridge X Oncidium Debutante registered
in 1993. It was previously awarded an ACC (Award of Cultural
Commendation) by the AOS (American Orchid Society).

Cheers,
Xi

wendy7 26-04-2005 12:47 AM

Hi Paulo, Here is a url to look at but will let somebody else
explain. I think Odtna. is the abbreviation for Odontonia which is
a cross of Miltonia & Odontoglossum.

http://www.theorchidworks.com/varieties/v128.html

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Xi Wang 27-04-2005 12:44 AM

Straight from the RHS site:

http://www.rhs.org.uk/research/regis...s.asp?ID=95616

The full name is "Odontocidium Lorraine's Fourteenth Woc".

Cheers,
Xi