Old 26-04-2005, 07:11 AM
Nancy G.

Default Springtide

About a year I listed this as one of my favorite beginner orchids,
describing it as a confidence builder. Reka replied to my post and
question, and based on the information she gave me, as well as the
appearance of the blooms, believe it is Bc Springtide. I doubt the
plant will ever be shown or used in a cross, so it doesn't really
matter.

I took this plant to the orchid meeting tonight for show and tell. It
has 7 blooms and 4 unopened sheaths.

The photograph makes it look darker, more purple, probably the flash, I
don't know why, but in natural light is a lighter more delicate pinkish
lavender.

photo is posted at www.tblake.com/orchids

I finally broke down and bought a digital camera. It may have created
a monster. Hope I don't boor anyone too much.

Best wishes, Nancy G.

Old 26-04-2005, 07:58 AM
Susan Erickson

On 25 Apr 2005 23:11:01 -0700, "Nancy G."
wrote:

About a year I listed this as one of my favorite beginner orchids,
describing it as a confidence builder. Reka replied to my post and
question, and based on the information she gave me, as well as the
appearance of the blooms, believe it is Bc Springtide. I doubt the
plant will ever be shown or used in a cross, so it doesn't really
matter.

I took this plant to the orchid meeting tonight for show and tell. It
has 7 blooms and 4 unopened sheaths.

The photograph makes it look darker, more purple, probably the flash, I
don't know why, but in natural light is a lighter more delicate pinkish
lavender.

photo is posted at www.tblake.com/orchids

I finally broke down and bought a digital camera. It may have created
a monster. Hope I don't boor anyone too much.

Best wishes, Nancy G.

Lush bit of Floof as Wendy is so fond of saying. She posts lots
of Catt pictures. I can not remember one this spring with so
many blooms. Very good growing. Now that you have digital
photos to post you need to see if you can also get the binary
newsgroup where we post orchid photos. Not that you would not
have been welcome as a reader anytime. We can never get too many
people enjoying orchids.
alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
The threads there generally start with a photo. We like to keep
the photos down in size so that those that read on a dial-up
connection do not have to wait all day for it to load. So most
of us try to stay below 110 KB. Your pictures were very compact
so I am sure that would not be a problem.

SuE
Old 26-04-2005, 01:01 PM
J Fortuna

Nancy,
Very nice indeed!
Good continued growing,
Joanna

oups.com...

Old 26-04-2005, 06:05 PM
Rob Halgren

Rob Halgren wrote:
I wouldn't doubt that it is Bc. Springtide... I can see the C. mossiae
(a parent) in it, as well as a whole lot of B. digbyana (a grandparent).

Bc. Springtide (1922) = C. mossiae x Bc. Madame Charles
Bc. Madame Charles (1901) = B. digbyana x C. warsewiczii

Heh... Should be Bc. Madame Charles Maron Wildcatt cut off the end for me.

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1

Old 26-04-2005, 09:50 PM
Reka

Nancy G. schrieb:
About a year I listed this as one of my favorite beginner orchids,
describing it as a confidence builder. Reka replied to my post and
question, and based on the information she gave me, as well as the
appearance of the blooms, believe it is Bc Springtide. I doubt the
plant will ever be shown or used in a cross, so it doesn't really
matter.

I took this plant to the orchid meeting tonight for show and tell. It
has 7 blooms and 4 unopened sheaths.

The photograph makes it look darker, more purple, probably the flash, I
don't know why, but in natural light is a lighter more delicate pinkish
lavender.

photo is posted at www.tblake.com/orchids

I finally broke down and bought a digital camera. It may have created
a monster. Hope I don't boor anyone too much.

Best wishes, Nancy G.

Great growing, Nancy! You can see the digbyana in that lip.
You aren't boring us. That's what we're here for: bragging, asking,
sharing!

--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

Old 26-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Diana Kulaga

It's gorgeous, Nancy! It is never boring to see lovely orchids.

Diana