Old 28-04-2005, 09:56 AM
Joern Ploeger

Default identify new orchids

Moin

I got 3 orchids as a present. Unfortunately I am not sure
about the exact names. Could someone help … please? I made
photos … to be seen under

http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~joern/orchid.html

No.2 looks like some kind of Paphiopedilum to me. No.3 should
be a Dendrobium and No1. could also be a Dendrobium. But
after all i am not sure

THX Joern
Old 28-04-2005, 12:55 PM
Reka

Joern Ploeger schrieb:
Moin

I got 3 orchids as a present. Unfortunately I am not sure
about the exact names. Could someone help … please? I made
photos … to be seen under

http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~joern/orchid.html

No.2 looks like some kind of Paphiopedilum to me. No.3 should
be a Dendrobium and No1. could also be a Dendrobium. But
after all i am not sure

THX Joern

You're right, just a bit mixed up. 1 and 3 are Dendrobiums, 2 is a
Paphiopedilum. 3 is most likely a type of Dendrobium biggibbum.
Maybe one of our Dendrobium lovers can give you a more specific ID of
the blooming ones.

--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
Old 28-04-2005, 12:56 PM
Bob Walsh

Joern,

1- Dendrobium
2 - Cattleya alliance. Someone else will get closer than I
3 - Your Paph. Again someone else will get closer.

With out name tags it is probably impossible to tell exactly what they are
but we can get closer when seeing flowers.

Enjoy them regardess and if you need culture tips ask away. You will get
answers.

Bob

Old 28-04-2005, 01:25 PM
J Fortuna

Bob,
I think you misread the labels -- confused 2 and 3 perhaps?

Joern,
2 is a Paph -- its mottled leaves look very much like those of my Paphs. I
have no clue about the others.
Joanna

Old 28-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Susan Erickson

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:25:06 GMT, "J Fortuna"
wrote:

Bob,
I think you misread the labels -- confused 2 and 3 perhaps?

Joern,
2 is a Paph -- its mottled leaves look very much like those of my Paphs. I
have no clue about the others.
Joanna

The two with canes and blooms are Dendrobium hybrids and that is
probably as close as you will get. Many crosses will be similar
when they bloom. These two would like quite a bright light.

The two fans and mottled leaves are indeed a paph. When you
bloom it we may or may not be able to help with more information.
It would like to have the leaves in less light than the Den. The
mottled leaves suggest a shady forest floor or an area of broken
shade.
SuE

Old 28-04-2005, 05:47 PM
Bob Walsh

Joanna,

With foot in mouth. I hadn't seen all the pictures. I'd blame it on the lack
of coffee but I don't drink it. Two Dens and a paph is right.

Bob

Old 28-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Byron

The green and purple Dendrobium is called Shogun.

Old 29-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Joern Ploeger

Hi

Thx a lot for the fast help! If the Paphiopedilum
blooms i will ask again

THX Joern