GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   New to Orchids - Question - 4 K, Rob & Susan et al. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/93569-re-new-orchids-question-4-k-rob-susan-et-al.html)

Alan 05-05-2005 10:53 AM

New to Orchids - Question - 4 K, Rob & Susan et al.

First I want to thank you for the informative responses. OK. The tag reads
Paph.charm x stonei. I carefully removed the plant from the moss and found
the roots to be a dark brown color, only about 3" long and rather soft. The
moss was packed real tight so I didn't return all the moss to the pot when I
returned it. I took some miracle grow (in a weak solution) we use on my
wifes roses and watered and drained it. I found the pot to have a bed of
small stones in the bottom. So I guess we'll see what manifests itself. By
the way, I'm posting a couple of pictures of the poor thing on the other NG,
subject line rescued Paph.
Thanks again.
Alan

K Barrett 05-05-2005 03:57 PM

About not returning all the moss to the pot: Just so long as the plant
doesn't wobble in the pot you'll be OK. A wobbly plant won't send out new
roots.

A link to read about paph repotting can be found at Bob Wellenstein's
http://www.ladyslipper.com Actually its a great site for a lot of paph
information.

K Barrett

wendy7 05-05-2005 05:05 PM

Kathy, I am absolutely amazed how you have the appropriate links on
hand & so I'm curious as to how you keep them filed?
Do you start with a folder under Orchids then culture?
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

K Barrett 06-05-2005 04:19 PM

[blush] Its further evidence of a sick mind. The truth is I remember
them... I can't remember my cell phone number and if you ask me to do
something I'll forget to do it instantly, but orchid links are all there in
my 'little grey cells'.