Old 08-05-2005, 01:28 AM
Gene Schurg

Default A trip to Carmela Orchids

Last week I was on the Big Island and drove over to Carmela Orchids. What a
great operation! Acres and acres of orchids. It took me three hours to see
everything I could. At that point I was so thirsty and exhausted and had
too many plants to carry that I had to stop.

The best part of the trip was the check out.....I was careful to pick only
what I really really wanted. I picked only the best stuff and tried to keep
the budget under $500....when I went to check out Sheldon counted up the 3
inch pots and the 4 inch pots and multiplied by $3 and $7 respectively. I
got out of there with some great stuff for $105 including shipping back to
the mainland.

Now where do I find room for my souvenirs? If you're on the Big Island I
recommend you plan a day to visit Carmela......Doing Maui in July....where
will I ever find the room?

Good Growing,
Gene

Old 08-05-2005, 04:39 PM
K Barrett

Yes, Sheldon is always quite a nice fellow to work with. He's come thru in
a pinch for my society when we've been stuck for a plant table too.

K Barrett

Old 08-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Diana Kulaga

Wow! Wish the vendors at Redland next week would be as generous! Can't
complain, though. I've gotten some of my best bargains on fabulous plants at
Redland. (Yes, I'm getting antsy. Let's go!)

Diana