GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Physan 20 & moss? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/93746-physan-20-moss.html)

danny 08-05-2005 04:47 PM

Physan 20 & moss?

Does Physan 20 kill moss? I want to get rid of some of the algae in my pots
(and I think a couple have some sort of mold), but I've finally gotten moss
established on the top of a few pots and I want to keep it. Just wondering
if I should skip putting Physan on the ones with moss.

thanks,
danny

Susan Erickson 08-05-2005 10:05 PM

On Sun, 8 May 2005 16:50:16 -0400, "Ray"
wrote:

A good question.

I'd dip a Q-Tip in the diluted Physan and wet a very small patch and see
what happens.

It does not in my gh.
SuE

V_coerulea 08-05-2005 11:18 PM

I'd skip it if you want to keep the moss. I don't think there's severe
damage @1tsp/gal, but anything more... I had several flats of moss under the
benches when I treated with Physan and got a little browning (maybe areas
that got more drip). But when I cleaned the benches and forgot to move the
flats, the whole flat turned brown - all 4 of them. That was using 1
Tbsp/gal. So I'd recommend doing what Ray said and testing one spot first
with the dilution you're planning on using.
Gary

danny 09-05-2005 02:00 AM

Thanks for the info. I won't be using a really strong concentration so
hopefully it will be ok. At least one pot has an unfortunate combination of
moss and algae, so maybe I'll try that one first.
-danny

.. .