GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Paphiopedilum Medium (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/94497-paphiopedilum-medium.html)

Sinister 21-05-2005 11:27 PM

Paphiopedilum Medium

I've got my new mottled-leaf in bark, but it dries out too quickly. Is it
okay to put in Spagnum?

-Sin

Ray 21-05-2005 11:42 PM

Over time, I think you'd find that the sphagnum will compact too much.

As you apparently have both, you might consider mixing some bark and
sphagnum together to get an airy medium that holds water.

Sinister 22-05-2005 01:02 AM

Sorry bout that Ray...hit the wrong reply button!
Umm any special ratio of bark or sphag?