Old 28-05-2005, 03:37 PM
Gramma

Default Jewel Orchid

Hi everyone back again after a time with another beginner's query.

Will a section which has dropped off a Jewel orchid root if I plant it?
It is about 8"long, has calloused on the end and there are about 4
obvious 'sections'
along the stem if I need to cut it.
I have been told it will root in water .

It is the jewel orchid with the very dark green velvety leaves with pink
edges and stripes, and small white flowers on pink stems.

Any advice welcome

Gramma

Old 28-05-2005, 05:48 PM
Ray

Lay if flat on damp sphagnum and it will root fine. They are surface
wanderers, so don't plant it deeply.

Old 29-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Gramma

Thanks Ray

Servcie is as always, the best.

The Sarc. roseus and Vascotylis Thai skies which you show on your web site -
are they really that blue??

I googled the Sarc. Roseus and most of them in Oz seem to come up a pink
colour

Gramma

Old 29-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Ray

The photo of the sarco is quite true to the colors - on my monitor, that is.
The vasco is a bit bluer that reality.

Old 30-05-2005, 05:59 AM
Gramma

Is it possible the colour would be governed by conditions?

Unfortunately we are not allowed to import plants but
I'd love to get one of the sarc if I could get a blue one..

Will ask around our suppliers

Gramma

"Ray" wrote in message
Lay if flat on damp sphagnum and it will root fine. They are surface
wanderers, so don't plant it deeply.

Jewel Orchid - Haemaria discolor.jpg [01/01] Chris Savas Orchid Photos 0 28-03-2009 08:57 PM
Jewel Orchid Chris Savas Orchids 2 03-02-2009 10:53 PM
Borneo: Anoectochilus albolineatus - jewel orchid Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 9 26-04-2007 11:21 PM
Borneo: Anoectochilus albolineatus - jewel orchid flowers Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 0 25-04-2007 04:29 PM
Jewel of the Rift video now on Kazaa 350X_Rider Freshwater Aquaria Plants 14 14-04-2003 05:56 PM