GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Repotting Question? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/95098-repotting-question.html)

sandra 31-05-2005 07:57 PM

Repotting Question?

Hi Everyone, I have a phal that's in bloom right now.
The flowers are not that spectacular, but anyway, the root medium is
going sour, so I was wondering if it would be safe to cut off the
flower stem and just repot....it is showing signs of new roots so
obviously it needs to be repotted, but I'm just worried about possible
damage to the plant since the flowers are not wilting.
Thanks,
-Sandra

Kenni Judd 31-05-2005 08:14 PM

Sandra: There is no danger to the plant; to the contrary, you are relieving
it from an energy drain. The only downside is that your flowers won't last
quite as long in water as they would've on the plant.
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

oups.com...