Old 09-02-2003, 04:37 PM
Claude

Default Question for Ray!

hello Ray!

Remenber, earlier this week, i was wonderind about my 2 spikes, 10 buds
green flower Phal !!

So, when I woke up this am, all buds were wrinkly, soft and yellowish. Even
one leaf has started to yellowish from the center and another one has a
yellow stain on the edge.
I cut the spikes, at the third knot, but what should I do next...

When I bought it, it was very cold outside. Could it be the cold that causes
the buds to died. They have been exposed to cold for few minutes, the time I
get intomy car!

Now, what next? Should I cut the leaf who started to get yellow from the
center.
I had started to put all my phal on semi-hydroponic culture. Should I repot
this one?

Thanks

Claude

Old 09-02-2003, 06:27 PM
Ray @ First Rays Orchids

If you are sure the plant has green flowers, then it's definitely not
Baldan's Kaleidoscope 'Golden Treasure'

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

"Claude" wrote in message
Hello again ray!

When I look for the root this am, tere was a plastic pot inside the clay

pot
that I haven`t seen .
On that plastic pot, it was written:

Phal. Baldan`s Kaleidoscope

and a few other words too little for my eyes.

Is it the real name of the plant. I checked on the net and I found hat
picture who looks the same:

http://homepages.nyu.edu/~jlc314/200...Phal.%20Baldan's%20Kaleidoscop
e%20'Golden%20Treasure'.html

Thanks

Claude

Old 09-02-2003, 06:27 PM
Ray @ First Rays Orchids

Claude,

I would hazard a reasonably educated guess that the cold shock - probably
coupled with low humidity - was indeed what has caused the bud blast.

If it needs to be repotted, then go ahead. If not, don't, as that will just
stress the plant even more.

Old 09-02-2003, 07:16 PM
Claude

Hello Ray and thank you for your answer!

In the store, the flowers looked green but I think it was cause by the
light. The flower are more yellowish with a lot of purple/pink stripes.

Thanks again

Claude
"Ray @ First Rays Orchids" a écrit dans le message
news: ...
| If you are sure the plant has green flowers, then it's definitely not
| Baldan's Kaleidoscope 'Golden Treasure'
|
| --
|
| Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids

http://www.firstrays.com
| Secure Online Ordering & Lots of Free Info!
|

| "Claude" wrote in message
| Hello again ray!
|
| When I look for the root this am, tere was a plastic pot inside the clay
| pot
| that I haven`t seen .
| On that plastic pot, it was written:
|
| Phal. Baldan`s Kaleidoscope
|
| and a few other words too little for my eyes.
|
| Is it the real name of the plant. I checked on the net and I found hat
| picture who looks the same:

http://homepages.nyu.edu/~jlc314/200...Phal.%20Baldan's%20Kaleidoscop
| e%20'Golden%20Treasure'.html
|
| Thanks
|
| Claude
|
| "Claude" a écrit dans le message
| | hello Ray!
| |
| | Remenber, earlier this week, i was wonderind about my 2 spikes, 10
buds
| | green flower Phal !!
| |
| | So, when I woke up this am, all buds were wrinkly, soft and yellowish.
| Even
| | one leaf has started to yellowish from the center and another one has
| | yellow stain on the edge.
| | I cut the spikes, at the third knot, but what should I do next...
| |
| | When I bought it, it was very cold outside. Could it be the cold that
| causes
| | the buds to died. They have been exposed to cold for few minutes, the
| time
| | get intomy car!
| |
| | Now, what next? Should I cut the leaf who started to get yellow from
the
| | center.
| | I had started to put all my phal on semi-hydroponic culture. Should I
| repot
| | this one?
| |
| | Thanks