Old 08-06-2005, 03:25 AM
Mick Fournier

Default Cattleya mossiae semi alba

Dear Friends,

I think I speak for us all when I say that deep down in own hearts we all
desire and covet one orchid genus above all others ... and that is the
Cattleyas.

The Cattleya mossiae are in bloom now and I must say this particular species
is truly regal in its appearance. Wouldn't you agree this Cattleya mossiae
semi alba (Aurora x Blanca) is superb.

Click on:
http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/f...urxblanca2.jpg

Mick Fournier
HBI, Producers of Fine Orchids in Flask
www.OrchidFlask.com

Old 08-06-2005, 05:43 AM
Mick Fournier

Danny,

Then you are sadly lost and doomed to drift alone in the dark abyss far, far
away.

Mick

Old 08-06-2005, 02:07 PM
Rob

Mick Fournier wrote:
Dear Friends,

I think I speak for us all when I say that deep down in own hearts we all
desire and covet one orchid genus above all others ... and that is the
Cattleyas.

Cattleyas are orchids? Where is the pouch?

The Cattleya mossiae are in bloom now and I must say this particular species
is truly regal in its appearance. Wouldn't you agree this Cattleya mossiae
semi alba (Aurora x Blanca) is superb.

It is indeed quite nice... I particularly like the two-tone lip.

Rob

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1

Old 08-06-2005, 02:49 PM
Ray

Down with your big, bold, and brassy cattleyas.. g
Pleurothallids and miniatures rule all..

That said, it's a nice flower. Now, let's see...cross it with Encyclia
tampense to bring down the flower size... g

Ray Lloyd

Old 08-06-2005, 02:54 PM
danny

Well, yeah, I already knew _that_ :-)

Actually, it is the endless variety of forms, colors, and scents that
attracted me to orchids. I like looking at Cattleyas (and especially Laelia
purpurata), but I'm also very fond of Maxillaria, Catasetum, Gongora,
Paphiopedilum, Phalaenopsis, and the ornate little Pleurothallid-alliance
flowers. If I could figure out how to grow those darn Neofinetias I'd
probably like them too. I finally bloomed my Sedirea, it smells wonderful.
-danny

. ..

Old 08-06-2005, 03:03 PM
salgud

Mick,
I must admit, you're right. If I'm not exactly like you, my life is
lost and I am doomed to an empty existence!

Old 08-06-2005, 08:37 PM

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 09:07:10 -0400 in Rob wrote:

It is indeed quite nice... I particularly like the two-tone lip.

Looks like a three-tone lip to me.

Rob

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil
Old 08-06-2005, 09:19 PM
Diana Kulaga

I adore Cattleyas in general, and mossiae is one of the especially wonderful
Catts. This is a good thing, as I would hate to be lost forever, far, far
away. That said, I also love Vandas, Dends, Encyclias, Epis, and, um, some
others.....

Diana

Old 09-06-2005, 12:15 AM
Mick Fournier

Danny,

Sedirea spelled backwards is Aerides. I bloomed an Aerides quinquevulnerum
var purpurea two weeks ago.

Click on:
http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/f...ridesquin1.jpg

I sell these in flask on my website.

If you can bloom Sedirea... then what's the big deal over blooming out
Neofinetia falcata?

Mick

=========================

. ..

Old 09-06-2005, 12:18 AM
Mick Fournier

Salgud,

Yes it is so sad but true. But don't fret, in your next life you will know
the pitfalls to watch out for... so take consolation in knowing that.

Mick
=================

oups.com...

Old 09-06-2005, 12:28 AM
Mick Fournier

Ray,

Ooooo Ray, that hurt. I am no longer a hybridizer. I put some pollen from
a blue ribbon (2003 Redlands show) Cattleya mossiae var coerulea on this
plant and the pod has already started. I think that is going to be my cross
of choice on this stud plant.

Mick

========================

nk.net...

Old 09-06-2005, 12:31 AM
Mick Fournier

Diana,

Riiiiight. I am sure "lots" of others... rather than just "some" others.

Mick

======================

nk.net...

Old 09-06-2005, 12:41 AM
Mick Fournier

Rob,

Yes, there is always one poucher in the group at the least. Ah well... in
due time you too shall come back into the fold where you belong. Some day I
will be posting blooming pictures of the Cattleya percivaliana coeruleas I
have in flask now and you too will succumb to the Cattleya siren.

Mick

Old 09-06-2005, 12:43 AM
danny

For some reason the Neofinetias are a bit touchy for me (and many other
people in Atlanta). I haven't gotten them to keep their roots in my CHC mix
or in semi-hydro, I just repotted them into sphagnum to see if that works.

The Sedirea is nice for growing under lights. Some of the Aerides plants
I've seen are kinda big and viny for my conditions.