Old 13-06-2005, 11:36 PM
Ray

Default I should be ashamed of myself

Over the weekend, I pressure-washed the interior and exterior of my
greenhouse. I have to admit that I was a bit sloth in my application of
Physan over the winter (it was too damned cold to go out), but I didn't
realize the degree of contamination there, or from pollution and trees on
the outside.

I have been growing my orchids in the dark!

I'm sure I'll see more blooming shortly...

Don't let this happen to you!

Old 13-06-2005, 11:42 PM
Al

There's another argument for buying the clearest covering possible and
adding shade when necessary.

I replaced a shade cloth this year because the old one was getting warn out
and tearing and I thought it was going to be letting too much light in. The
new one is of the same density but I was amazed at how much extra light it
is letting in. And all the flower colors are so much brighter!. I hadn't
realized how dark it was getting; as the shade cloth aged it grew dirty and
less light passed through it.

Old 14-06-2005, 03:16 AM
Ray

The structure is 15 years old, but the PC covering is 9.

Based upon the ultra clear appearance post-wash, I think there is no issue
with the age of the covering.

Old 14-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Kenni Judd

No, I just wondered how long it took to get that dirty; some of our plastic
is going on seven ... Kenni

news

Old 14-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Ray

Most polycarbonates can go ten years with no degradation whatsoever, and
possibly several more before replacement is a must.

"Kenni Judd" wrote in message
No, I just wondered how long it took to get that dirty; some of our
plastic is going on seven ... Kenni

news