Old 17-06-2005, 01:58 PM
boothbay

Default Nomenclature

Is there a web site that can depict the names of each part of an orchid?
Preferably by drawings or photos. I get confused in what is a spike, a
sheath, a cane and etc.
Old 17-06-2005, 04:31 PM
K Barrett

boothbay wrote:
Is there a web site that can depict the names of each part of an orchid?
Preferably by drawings or photos. I get confused in what is a spike, a
sheath, a cane and etc.

Not that I can think of of hand, but its a great idea!

K Barrett
Old 17-06-2005, 09:02 PM
tbell

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 05:58:11 -0700, boothbay wrote
(in article ):

Is there a web site that can depict the names of each part of an orchid?
Preferably by drawings or photos. I get confused in what is a spike, a
sheath, a cane and etc.

Haven't found drawings or diagrams, which many basic orchid books contain,
but found a good glossary on the following site of a San Francisco orchid
seller:
http://www.beautifulorchids.com/orch.../glossary.html

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D70

Old 17-06-2005, 09:19 PM
Ray

I have a diagram of different types of inflorescences...

http://www.firstrays.com/inflorescences.htm

"boothbay" wrote in message
news
Is there a web site that can depict the names of each part of an orchid?
Preferably by drawings or photos. I get confused in what is a spike, a
sheath, a cane and etc.

Nomenclature Nightingale Plant Science 17 20-03-2006 07:25 PM
Nomenclature question Xi Wang Orchids 3 23-01-2005 05:41 PM
Raspberry nomenclature Mike Lyle Plant Science 2 02-08-2004 05:45 PM
Researching nomenclature changes (gonolobus to matelea) David Hamilton Cox Plant Science 3 30-05-2004 06:09 PM
nomenclature Cereoid-UR12- Gardening 0 24-09-2003 08:12 PM