Old 19-06-2005, 11:55 PM
Richard

Default Ludisia nigra?

Hi all,

I recently obtained a very small cutting of a plant that was identified to
me as Ludisia nigra. The leaf (I told you it was a very small cutting) is
very dark, and instead of the typical veining, only the central vein is
silvery. I did a Google search on it and the only relevant posts were
GardenWeb messages of someone asking for a source for either "Ludisia
nigra" or "Ludisia discolor Nigra". Does anyone here have any more
information?

Richard
Old 20-06-2005, 01:07 AM
Dewitt

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 22:55:51 GMT, Richard wrote:

Hi all,

I recently obtained a very small cutting of a plant that was identified to
me as Ludisia nigra. The leaf (I told you it was a very small cutting) is
very dark, and instead of the typical veining, only the central vein is
silvery. I did a Google search on it and the only relevant posts were
GardenWeb messages of someone asking for a source for either "Ludisia
nigra" or "Ludisia discolor Nigra". Does anyone here have any more
information?

Richard

It's likely Ludisia discolor "Nigrescens". See
http://home.att.net/~a.j.calisi/plants.html and
http://www.tropicalexotica.com/jewel2.htm

Also, don't miss Ludisia discolor "Super Veination" on the second link
above.

deg

Ludisia discolor Orchidaceae Malaysiana Orchids 1 15-01-2010 05:49 PM
Sambucus Nigra died away? ramyad Gardening 3 05-04-2009 12:05 PM
Ludisia discolor help Ford Orchids 7 28-03-2004 05:32 PM
P Nigra cuttings ? Whats the "P" Annabel United Kingdom 1 21-06-2003 07:44 PM
Acer griserum or Betula nigra for a specimen planting dhmeiser Gardening 2 28-03-2003 07:44 PM