GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Renanthopsis (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/96732-renanthopsis.html)

tennis maynard 01-07-2005 06:09 AM

Renanthopsis

I have been looking for a nice renanthopsis for some time
since seeing a nice full peachy one at a show. All the
searches I do turn up incorrectly labelled Pararenanthera,
like Pararenanthera Berton Pressman. Anyone know of a source
for true renanthopsis?

tennis maynard 01-07-2005 02:29 PM

Xi Wang wrote:
Here's the first site I came upon. Plenty of sites showed up on yahoo.

http://www.royalorchidclub.com/catalog/

Cheers,
Xi

No, please re-read the above note. I did exhaustive
searching. They are, as are probably all the others you
found, selling pararenanthera while calling them
renanthopsis. I already checked them and their related
ebay listings out. They are one of the disappointments.

danny 01-07-2005 10:04 PM

I found one:
Owens Orchids : Rnthps. Mildred Jameson 'Orchidheights' 1 1/2" amber
flowers with red spots on long branching spikes
http://www.owensorchids.com/PhalClones.htm

I know I saw a different one a few years ago, but I can't remember who was
selling them.

-danny

Al 08-07-2005 07:46 PM

Have you tried
http://www.owensorchids.com/

They have one Renanthopsis list among their Phal clone section
Rnthps. Mildred Jameson 'Orchidheights' 1 1/2" amber flowers with red spots
on long branching spikes.
This is Ren monochica x Phal stuartiana

However, if you give them a call or send an email, you find that they have
three or four other Renanthopsis available. I bought three different Rnthps
hybrids from them in flask at a show a decade or so ago so they may have
others available too.