Old 05-07-2005, 04:01 PM
PhalGuy

Default what`s going on???

Hello everyone!

Lately, I have had problems with some of my phals. Leaves are becoming
yellow with some round black identation! I have found some hard shell insect
underneath some leaves.New leaves are looking deformed and decolored !
Also, I have found some tiny web between my leca on some of my phals!
Black stain also noted beneath some of the leaves !

It has been very hot lately 32C and more and 45 RH and I think I also need
to increase my ventilation!

I was wondering what to use? Alcool spray ? ( i used it few times ) or neem
oil? Any suggestion?

Thanks

--
Claude

www.picturetrail.com/phalguy

Remove NOSPAM to reply

Old 06-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Ray

Sounds like some sort of critter infestation. The under-leaf ones sound
like scale, and the black, sooty stuff is often associated with mealies.

Alcohol won't work well on the scale due to the protective shell. Try one
cup of alcohol plus two tablespoons of liquid soap in a liter of water.
Repeat every three days for 3 or 4 applications. The bugs and soot should
wipe off, so try it when they are wetted with the solution.

news:1120575702.6e0447cfd3621daaeb54c243231f8fcd@t eranews...