GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dendrochilums (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/97200-dendrochilums.html)

Doug Mew 10-07-2005 02:48 PM

Dendrochilums

Can any one out there tell me where I can find Dendrochilums.

? 10-07-2005 03:08 PM

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 09:48:47 -0400 in Doug Mew wrote:
Can any one out there tell me where I can find Dendrochilums.

Ebay gives 3 hits on dendrochilums for auction, two filiformes and one
tenellum.
Burleigh park orchids (speciesorchids.com) may have flasks available as
well, although I'll let someone else fill you in on importing plants to
the US.

A google shows a few more hits as well.

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil

K Barrett 10-07-2005 03:21 PM

Cal Orchid in Santa Barbara has several. Andy's orchids will have many too
(they are on line) If you don't know about the Orchid Mall you are in for a
treat. http://www.orchidmall.com Many vendor list there. Also do a google
search for the species you are looking for and a whole ton of lists will be
returned. Some of whom will be in your area. I believe we did a recent
chat on Orchids that beging with 'D' on OrchidSafari, one on which was
Dendrochilum, so you can ferret it out at the archives page
http://www.geocities.com/brassia.geo/OSTA.html

Good hunting

K Barrett

V_coerulea 10-07-2005 05:43 PM

I have a number of Dendrochilums acquired from all over the place. It seems
like no one ochid house offers more than 2 or 3 different species. So you
just have to check around. I bought at:
http://www.lost-continent.com/orchmain.html
http://www.oakhillgardens.com/
http://www.carterandholmes.com/index.shtml
and if you want a flask of filiforme, you can go to
http://www.troymeyers.com/rd.html He has a few left from the seed I donated.
Gary

danny 10-07-2005 05:52 PM

Carolina Orchids usually has several. I have others from Oak Hill Gardens,
Cal-Orchid, Andy's.
-danny