Old 15-07-2005, 05:09 PM
?

Default Importing from canada and good shops in ottawa area.

It's probably too late to get the paperwork through, but I figured I
would ask as my sister was able to bring back an oncidium in flask from Costa
Rica last year.

I will be in Ottawa next week and was wondering if there were any
interesting orchid shops near (walking and public transit distance)
to the Congress Center and what paperwork nightmare I would need
to go through to bring plants back to the US.

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil
Old 16-07-2005, 03:48 AM
Mick Fournier

Chris,

More interesting orchids in Canada than in the USA? Ha-ha-ha... you kill
me Chris. Ha-ha-ha... that's a good one.
Keep up the good work.... you are one funny guy... ha-ha-ha.

Mick

================================

rg...

Old 16-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Dave S

I think it's pretty unlikely that you will find any interesting orchid
vendors in Ottawa. You will definitely find the paperwork nightmare you
speak of. Canada has a HUGE public service sector, they live for
paperwork, and Ottawa is the epicenter.

Do yourself a favor and buy some maple syrup at the Byward Market and
shop for orchids back in the USA....where the Canadians get them.

Dave
(A Canadian expatriate)

Old 16-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Ray

Last time I was in Toronto (speaking at SOOS in May), I picked up some
fantastic ginger marmalade!

My wife doesn't like it, so it's ALL MINE!!!

oups.com...

Old 16-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Dave Fouchey

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 16:28:21 -0400, "Ray"
wrote:

Last time I was in Toronto (speaking at SOOS in May), I picked up some
fantastic ginger marmalade!

My wife doesn't like it, so it's ALL MINE!!!

What brand Ray, my daughter is moving to Ontario the end of the
month...and I LOVE Marmalade! Ginger, Orange, Bitter Orange, Lemon
doesn't matter...;-)

Dave

Old 17-07-2005, 12:44 AM
Dave Fouchey

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 18:04:18 -0400, "Ray"
wrote:

Robertson's, imported from GB.

Robertson's is one of my favorite brands Ray, good choice.

Dave