Old 07-03-2003, 11:32 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default Aargh! Blasted Orchids!

I'm so ticked I could spit! Four plants blasted their spikes this week.
Nowhere near each other, not sick, no bugs, no excuse. One was a bargain
Phal that I bought in spike, so I'll live through it until next year. One
was an Enc. randii that I've been waiting for with great anticipation. One
day a spike, the next day a brown stalk. And just to add insult to injury,
a large V. Rev. Masao Yamada had three fat spikes on it, and all three are
toast.

And, out of 150 orchids, it's going to be a chore to find enough in bloom to
do a little table top display for our local show next week.

Could it all be leftover stress from the rotten up and down winter we had
down here?

#$%^&$*?#!!

Diana

Old 07-03-2003, 11:56 PM
Wendy

Oh noooooooooooooo! Not your V. Rev. Masao Yamada, I was waiting to see a
photo.
I can tell you this much Di, that its not the cold as mine is in an eclosed
area with no heat
& it has been in the 40's here in S.Cal. Don't even have the humidity that
you have.
Are you growing outside, forgive me, I have forgotton?
If so it could be from herbicide spraying in your area?
Cheers Wendy
hlink.net...

Old 08-03-2003, 01:08 AM
Gene Schurg

COMPOST THEM DAMMIT!

I know how you feel Diana. You wait and wait for them to bloom....finally
you see the signs and BLAST!

Happens to all of us....sorry

Gene

Old 08-03-2003, 09:25 PM
Diana Kulaga

Oh noooooooooooooo! Not your V. Rev. Masao Yamada, I was waiting to see a
photo.

Yup, that one, the ingrate. Yes, I do grow outside. Most plants are under
screening (the pool lanai, and we just added on to it), but a lot of the
Vandas have been on the outside of the screen. We've decided to bring them
under a bit of screen cover, except the teretes. Anyhow, I can't think of
a way that herbicides could get near them.

Thanks for the sympathy!

Diana

Old 08-03-2003, 09:25 PM
Diana Kulaga

COMPOST THEM DAMMIT!

That's how I felt yesterday, for sure. Yesterday I was hollering. I'm
better now - just grumbling! Needed to vent.

Diana

help - blasted squirrels garden virgin United Kingdom 14 01-05-2006 11:57 AM
AArgh... neighbors Toni Gardening 154 01-07-2005 01:29 AM
Those Blasted Junipers Iris Cohen Plant Science 3 08-12-2003 09:42 PM
Gophers! Aargh! amjordan Texas 5 27-06-2003 05:32 PM
Gophers! Aargh! amjordan Texas 0 25-06-2003 06:38 AM