Old 08-03-2003, 03:44 AM
Gene Schurg

Default Cirrhopetalum Elizabeth Ann "Buckleberry"

Usually I don't find Cirrhopetalum very appealing but I found a division of
Cirr. Elizabeth Ann "Buckleberry" FCC/AOS during a visit to Florida this
week. Awarded, reasonable price, healthy division.....How could I resist?

It was in a small ugly plastic basket in moss. Tonight I moved to to a 4
inch wooden basket with some fresh moss. The plant is starting to put out
new roots ( the older ones are kind of dry looking).

Since I'm new to Cirrhopetalum I'm asking for any advise on growing this
beauty.....The pictures on the web look great.

Anyone having great success with this plant? Water, light, temp
requirements?

Thanks,
Gene

Old 08-03-2003, 01:56 PM
Ray @ First Rays Orchids

Gene,

I only have one, the hybrid Davis Thoms, and it's doing great in a warm,
humid part of the greenhouse, growing at about benchtop level under dappled
shade from overhead oncidiums and vandaceous plants. It stays moist pretty
much constantly.

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com