GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Angraecum sesquipedale question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/9808-angraecum-sesquipedale-question.html)

Pete 08-03-2003 03:33 PM

Angraecum sesquipedale question

Yipeeeee! Today, I discovered that mine is now in spike for the very first
time, not one but with two spikes and I'm so excited. It was a small
seedling bought two years ago from Carter & Holmes. I can hardly wait for
the fragrance and the star shaped flower with the foot long tube!

I thought that they only bloomed around Christmas time, is mine all
confused? I'm confused.

Thanks!

Peter

Elpaninaro 08-03-2003 04:58 PM

Angraecum sesquipedale question

I thought that they only bloomed around Christmas time, is mine all
confused? I'm confused.

Hi Peter!

Good show on the sesquipedale. Sounds like you got it to blooming size in very
good time.

I have heard the Christmas reference too, but in my experience these plants
tend to bloom closer to Easter- so yours is right on time.

Take care,

Tom.

Pete 08-03-2003 06:56 PM

Angraecum sesquipedale question

Thanks!

I just found out that mine is the 'March' variety and blooms in or around
March.

Peter

Diana Kulaga 08-03-2003 09:25 PM

Angraecum sesquipedale question

Great news, Pete!

I have one that I got last year as a division of a specimen plant, and it's
easily blooming size now. Hoping for the same good fortune here.

Diana

Elpaninaro 09-03-2003 01:00 AM

Angraecum sesquipedale question

I just found out that mine is the 'March' variety and blooms in or around
March.

? Now that is a new one to me LOL.

Tom.