GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   so many pending bulbs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/98971-so-many-pending-bulbs.html)

boothbay 23-07-2005 09:20 PM

so many pending bulbs

I just took a trip to my local home depot and they have numerous orchids
going for $19.95. They were mostly the Phal type. What amazed me that
most of them had about 4 or 5 blooms and about 5 pending bulbs or
pods..where a new flower will emerge. Obviously, they must of just
arrived from the greenhouse in those conditions. Makes my look sickly,
where it seems to be a struggle to get one pod. I've learned not to take
plants for granted when they newly arrive from the perfect location of a
greenhouse. Mine are not dead...just seem like dormant.

bob 23-07-2005 10:32 PM

Worry not.
Those magnificiant looking plants were raised by professionals. I have
purchased many a plant at H. D. nd living here in hot, humid, sunny
Florida has helped. You did not say where you lived with your orchids.
Bob