Old 09-03-2003, 06:21 PM
Tanya

Default crown rot (florid) transmissability

hello,
1 of my phalaenopsis got crown rot (?fusarium) the leaves fell off it
was NOT overWatered i believe i caused it (obviously i caused it: by
trying to peel off the base of a physiologically yellow leaf)
the crown was PITCH black (not liquidy)
i have heard that sometimes they may start to grow (iow i have not
discarded the plant -- it is in plastic though which also likely
contributed to the rot)
but concerned that pests (which i don't have currently due to the
climate -- the only PLUS could transmit the ?coFactors that i have
read are responsible for the rot (that fusarium produces) to the
hopeFullyHealthy ones...
or whether i should isolate it (open the bag) and whether there is
actually any chance at an orchid surviving this?
thank you
p.s. i get these plants from the reduced table (to *save* them) and have
seen bad roots but nothing like this and nothing this virulent (i.e. so
quickly destructive)
thank you!

Old 10-03-2003, 05:33 PM
Karen

Tanya wrote:
[...]

go for it! I do not use the bag method, as I generally kill the plants
that way, so I use the isolation (and humidity) method myself.
Karen

rot rot rot [email protected] Orchids 29 30-03-2006 08:56 PM
how do u water phal to avoid crown rot? boochap Orchids 12 27-03-2005 02:27 AM
Crown Pacific Partners ($59 million loss adds to turmoil at Crown) Daniel B. Wheeler alt.forestry 0 06-04-2003 08:44 PM
crown rot Orchids 6 30-03-2003 02:32 AM
crown rot -- please advise! Tanya Orchids 8 04-03-2003 05:39 PM