Old 02-03-2006, 09:12 AM posted to alt.permaculture
George.com

Default Liquid Mushroom COmpost

I have just gotten hold of some mushroom compost and am interested in
peoples experience and uses for such.

I have used it as a mulch before and plan to use this load to dig into some
soil which has gone waxy (ie won't retain moisture, water running off) to
improve the soil structure and give it some bulk.

More interesting however, I have also got hold of some liquid mushroom
compost. The mushroom farm mixes all their own compost in a shed and adds
water to the piles to get the compost piles working. The run off is
collected into a sump from where the water is reused time and again to water
the compost piles.

I have a 20 litre container of the liquid from the sump. It has the look of
a normal compost tea and it was free. If It works well I am going back for
more.

Anyone have an opinion on this? Also, I intend to treat it as a standrad
liquid compost and water it down 10-1. Any thoughts on that?

rob