Old 19-03-2006, 03:02 AM posted to alt.permaculture
George.com

Default Any life here.

Is there any life on this newsgroup or simply the same old crep posting
chatroom ********?

rob

Old 21-03-2006, 09:18 AM posted to alt.permaculture
Judanne

Hi Janet,

I don't think Len would have been affected as he lives in southern
Queensland. Probably didn't get anything more than a rain storm.

As to Pete, I don't know where he lives, so can't say. Do you know what
town or city he is near?

Judanne
Tassie (definitely NOT tropical)
"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "George.com" contains these words:

Is there any life on this newsgroup or simply the same old crep posting
chatroom ********?

Yes, quite a few old posters here still look in occasionally.

I've been wondering if Pete and Len have been hit by the cyclone in
Queensland..does any one know?

Janet (Scotland)

Old 23-03-2006, 09:51 AM posted to alt.permaculture
Chookie

In article , "George.com"
wrote:

Is there any life on this newsgroup or simply the same old crep posting
chatroom ********?

I keep looking, but as I'm not a full-on permie I don't post very often.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"... if *I* was buying a baby I'd jolly well make sure it was at
least a two-tooth!"
Mary Grant Bruce, The Houses of the Eagle.
Old 23-03-2006, 11:50 PM posted to alt.permaculture
gardenlen

g'day george,

at present i drop in very occassionaly just to see if there is still a
pulse, i don't visit as regular becaue we are transitioning between
properties and are living in temp accommodation and using someone elses
computer.

no the cyclone did not affect us (barely got more than showers out of it) it
affected fairly small communities to our far north, we do need a cyclone to
cross the coast somwhere south of bowen and down to about bundaberg or even
rocky, this is needed to provide good flood tropical rains to the west of
the state and into the center of australia.

so we where all hoping cyclone 'wati' might do that but at present it has
other ideas. see plot map:

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65004.shtml

pete lives in south aus' not sure what he is up to somehow things went wrong
here and lots just simply left, me i got not much else to do at times so i
look in just to see.

anyhow if you have anything you want to broach post it here or if you wish
visit me at my web site and chat through e/mail.

http://www.users.bigpond.com/gardenlen1/

len

Old 24-03-2006, 04:01 PM posted to alt.permaculture
Judanne

Hi Len

It probably fits into Victoria!! I find it hard now to comprehend how small
some European countries are. About 20 years ago I was asking my ex
mum-out-law (we were de-facto) about Holland, her home country, and she said
"Imagine twice the population of Australia in half the size of Tasmania".
Mind boggling! Her rellies in Holland thought that she was rich because
they owned a home AND it wasn't an apartment AND it had a garden (in
Toowoomba).

Judanne

"gardenlen" wrote in message
u...
g'day janet,

we are moving back to the 'burbs northern side of brissy the capitol.

yes qld a big place coast line almost 1/2 the length of the east coast of
australia, so when something ahppens in the top 1/2 we don't even know
down this end.

can't remember but does most of great britain fit into qld not sure???

len
snipped

Old 25-03-2006, 03:52 AM posted to alt.permaculture
gardenlen

yes judanne,

it is amazing the size of the australian continent compared to inhabitants
although most of our land is probably uninhabitable.

texans think they have a big state hey we got news for them we got cattle
stations bigger-n-texas, i think?

len

Old 25-03-2006, 03:54 AM posted to alt.permaculture
gardenlen

no don't reckon they are yuppies chardenay guzzlers or not, down to earth
young family with eco' tourism ideas who had no qualms with and earth
friendly home or dunny.

snipped

Old 28-03-2006, 06:04 AM posted to alt.permaculture
Farm1

Well many of the old faces reappear! Hello to all of you. I see Len
and Chookie occasionally in aus.gardne ng.

It's Fran here using a new sig block.

So what is everyone up to permie wise?

I'm doing sod all in the garden these days but watering and a bit of
tidying stuff. We came out of the drought with a great spring but
then the grasshoppers and locusts arrived. They ate and ate and ate.
They stripped roses and 2 apple trees bare and lots of other things as
well which they killed by denuding them. My lemon had no leaves and
they even tried to eat the stems. I nearly lost it and only now is it
producing new leaves and precious few of them. With winter about to
start, I'll have to protect it from the frosts and hope it makes it
thorugh to next spring.

When the hoppers finally began to eat down into the crowns of my
rhubarb plants, I finally bought some huge plastic pots and
transplanted a few things into them - just a few picking greens and
herbs and my favourite rhubarb plant. These plants have all survived
well but as the pots live on the verandah and we still have
grasshoppers, I'm refusing to do anything till next spring when
hopefully the sods will have disappearred. I'll spread soem amnure on
the veg beds but I thinkt hat is about all I'll do between now and the
next planting season (but I couldn't resist ordering some prune trees
and some roses to fill a few drought induced gaps).

Old 31-03-2006, 03:12 AM posted to alt.permaculture
gardenlen

g'day fran,

had been wondering about you, also pete is not often seen, wes has moved not
sure how his health probs are currently, he is seen at times in the sa-per?

we are in limbo living with daughter/partner and 4 + 1 on the way next
tuesday, so we reckon 'bout time we where outa here hey, that should happen
the tuesday after easter. then the work begins got an open pallet to work
with.

snipped

Old 31-03-2006, 08:55 AM posted to alt.permaculture
Farm1

"gardenlen" wrote in message
g'day fran,

had been wondering about you, also pete is not often seen, wes has

moved not
sure how his health probs are currently, he is seen at times in the

sa-per?

we are in limbo living with daughter/partner and 4 + 1 on the way

next
tuesday, so we reckon 'bout time we where outa here hey, that should

happen
the tuesday after easter. then the work begins got an open pallet to

work
with.

Nice to hear of you Len and good to hear that you found a buyer. I
see you round in some of the other ngs but these days I'm probably
doing more reading than posting. Hope all goes well with the birth
and the move.

Old 03-04-2006, 12:22 PM posted to alt.permaculture
Chookie

In article ,
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

Well many of the old faces reappear! Hello to all of you. I see Len
and Chookie occasionally in aus.gardne ng.

It's Fran here using a new sig block.

So what is everyone up to permie wise?

About to make a chook tractor from PVC pipe!

The chooks have been free-ranging lately and it took me some weeks to realise
that I haven't had a problem with Warrigal Greens this year. I planted them
aa few years ago, and they are incredibly weedy -- not a problem anyone had
mentioned it previously. But the chooks love the stuff! Now to use them to
get the kikuyu out of the vegie patch...

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old 04-04-2006, 02:03 AM posted to alt.permaculture
Farm1

"Chookie" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

Well many of the old faces reappear! Hello to all of you. I see

Len
and Chookie occasionally in aus.gardne ng.

It's Fran here using a new sig block.

So what is everyone up to permie wise?

About to make a chook tractor from PVC pipe!

Well done! Let us know how it works out.

The chooks have been free-ranging lately and it took me some weeks

to realise
that I haven't had a problem with Warrigal Greens this year. I

planted them
aa few years ago, and they are incredibly weedy -- not a problem

anyone had
mentioned it previously. But the chooks love the stuff! Now to use

them to
get the kikuyu out of the vegie patch...

I must admit that I don't like Warrigal greens. I must try giving
some to my chooks, No doubt they'll get rid of it. :-))