Old 16-01-2003, 09:21 PM
Fran Higham

Default Drought

I was wondering what sort of drought strategies are in use around the place
at the moment.

I'm managing to keep my fruit trees alive and my tomatoes growing relatively
strongly but all the rest is just limping along waiting for rain.

Anyone got some smart ideas out there?

Fran

Old 16-01-2003, 11:20 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Fran Higham" contains these words:

I was wondering what sort of drought strategies are in use around the place
at the moment.

I'm managing to keep my fruit trees alive and my tomatoes growing relatively
strongly but all the rest is just limping along waiting for rain.

Anyone got some smart ideas out there?

Have you got your fruit tree roots mulched..old carpet, or stones? Can
you redirect the shower/bath water outflow pipe to the tomato patch?

A place where we stayed hadn't much water, so they asked people to
economise on lav flushing
with a little sign in the bathroom that said "If it's brown, flush it
down, but if it's yellow, let it mellow".You can also reduce the flush
quantity by putting a brick inside the cistern.

Janet

Old 16-01-2003, 11:20 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Fran Higham" contains these words:

I was wondering what sort of drought strategies are in use around the place
at the moment.

I'm managing to keep my fruit trees alive and my tomatoes growing relatively
strongly but all the rest is just limping along waiting for rain.

Anyone got some smart ideas out there?

Have you got your fruit tree roots mulched..old carpet, or stones? Can
you redirect the shower/bath water outflow pipe to the tomato patch?

A place where we stayed hadn't much water, so they asked people to
economise on lav flushing
with a little sign in the bathroom that said "If it's brown, flush it
down, but if it's yellow, let it mellow".You can also reduce the flush
quantity by putting a brick inside the cistern.

Janet

dog-gone another drought, only this is a Spring time drought [email protected] Plant Science 5 06-06-2006 06:27 PM
Bamboo root depth and drought - was: Shade tolerant bamboo in south Florida Rick DeBay Bamboo 1 13-03-2003 05:33 PM
(LONG) Drought likely for 3rd year in Klamath Basin Daniel B. Wheeler alt.forestry 0 23-02-2003 12:54 AM
Drought and Roses B. Midler Roses 11 15-02-2003 08:15 AM
Drought & more len brauer Permaculture 7 28-01-2003 04:26 PM