Old 03-10-2003, 05:32 PM
Bugsy

Default Im a Lurker :)

Just thought that I would let you guys know that there are probably more
than just a few of us out here...

Im from West Australia (origionally from Canada). I am a new recruit to the
permaculture way....It is a way of living that has always facinated
me....Here to learn......Nice meeting everyone....

Laura

Old 03-10-2003, 08:02 PM
len gardener

g'day laura,

welcome aboard, give us all the gossip on what you are doing we don't
mind listening and offering advice.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

http://home.dnet.aunz.com/gardnlen/
Old 05-10-2003, 01:12 PM
pete

"Bugsy" wrote in message
Just thought that I would let you guys know that there are probably more
than just a few of us out here...

Laura

There are indeed :-)

---

Old 05-10-2003, 08:42 PM
len gardener

is this me old mate from the south? g'day pete, lurking is what
happens lots around here nowadays.

take care

len

snipped

Old 06-10-2003, 12:24 AM
pete

"len gardener" wrote in message
is this me old mate from the south? g'day pete, lurking is what
happens lots around here nowadays.

take care

len

'fraid so Len :-) , did ya get my guestbook message?

Your place is looking great, pity things haven't worked out as you'd have
liked.

Pete

---

Old 06-10-2003, 03:12 AM
len gardener

great to see you mate you can chat with me anytime thru e/mail i'm all
ears, yup way things work i guess u never know it could change and we
could get to stay.

we impressed ourselves with how the pasture potential looks right now
without rain we have not only green grass but grass that is growing,
good stuff that pc and common sense hey? i could take all those pics
again and they would look even better. been slashing for fire breaks
and the create mulch that we desperately need and the grass won't stop
growing.

yep got your guest book message would like to have said hello but
we're chatting now that's what counts.

take care

len

snipped

Old 06-10-2003, 04:42 AM
pete

"len gardener" wrote in message
great to see you mate you can chat with me anytime thru e/mail i'm all
ears, yup way things work i guess u never know it could change and we
could get to stay.

we impressed ourselves with how the pasture potential looks right now
without rain we have not only green grass but grass that is growing,
good stuff that pc and common sense hey? i could take all those pics
again and they would look even better. been slashing for fire breaks
and the create mulch that we desperately need and the grass won't stop
growing.

yep got your guest book message would like to have said hello but
we're chatting now that's what counts.

take care

len

Heyyy I'm supposed to be lurking :-)

We've just come through a drought year and what I reckon was the coldest
winter since the earth was born, but that could be just old bones feeling it
more.

Actually had snow blowing off of one of the mountain ranges we visited
recently (the Poms wouldn't call it real snow or probably even a mountain)
it was nearer than I'd ever wanted to get to that white stuff ever again.

During the drought our pasture actually improved in size and quality, the
"ex" worm beds are now a lush oasis of varied growth which I hoped would
have sustained a couple of pigs this year but I'd like it to get a little
bigger (in area) before I subject it to that. If sheep prices weren't so
high I would have a couple of lambs on there now, maybe next year will see
it feeding and housing a goose flock. till other stock are in my price
range.

We are still on (slight) water restrictions here even though the winter
rains were great, the "magic water" from our septic system has sustained all
the trees and salt bush windbreaks without needing any excess water and the
small horse paddock is the best its ever been due to better selective
grazing and better management. and of course the good rains.

The foxes ate all me chooks ... so I'm re decorating their old house to get
ready for some new girls.

The roo population has exploded and you can't drive at night anymore without
being pounced on or frightened half to death by a big red flashing (don't
start) past the bonnet of the car.

Spring feels like it has finally come and the mozzies are having to ask for
landing permission cos they are sooo big .... I feel like I've lost 2 pints
of blood this morning that's even through my pink catsuit (you know the one
you like to see me in)

But I digress........

We are goatless, pigless and now chookless ...been putting most of our
energy into some endurance hoss riding so the block has been taking care of
itself without any input from us, but with this season at an end now (for us
at least) I'll be making my presence felt in the tangle which was once my
raspberry bushes (is now a raspberry jungle) and forcing myself on nature by
slashing some snake havens down a bit... but apart from that mother nature
seems to have done a pretty good job of looking after the place for us while
we've been occupied.

take care Len, good to talk to ya again mate
Pete

---

Old 06-10-2003, 10:23 AM
len gardener

yeh a good chat will tempt a lurker everytime hey mate?

sounds like you've done wonderous things down your way as well or at
least helped or caused nature to do so, if we do get to stay a couple
of carves will be on agenda as we begin to grass fatten them to table
standard. we are chookless, gooseless and duckless at present as we
agve them away when we decided to sell 'cause we had so much other
work to do. shooda kept the chooks tho' with 20/20 hind sight.

we only ahve to deal with the eastern grey roos here not quiet as big
but we have our resident mob who like the food we provide through
improved grasses, plus our resident scrub wobblies, along with oodles
of birds have you checked my list it just keeps growing. we had a pair
of grebes nest on the dam for the first time this year they produced 2
yuong but the other night something (most likely someones cat) got 2
of them so we are back to 2 now, 1 missing bird must have been eaten
or carted off to show it's cough cough owners, the other looked like a
typical feline thrill kill.

our magpies have forgotten the art of nest site selection and nest
building, last year they built in the first fork of a qld blue gum 'um
red gum for the mex's south of the border, and the channel billed
cuckoos decimated the nest and killed 2 just ready to fledge birds, in
their plight to find a brooding pair of birds to hatch their eggs.
this year they built their flimsy nest in the most precarious site
higher in anotehr of those blue gums, but the nortehrly winds we've
had of late are destroying the nest so one 1/2 way to fledging bird
ended up on the ground dan the otehr 2 are hanging on precariously, so
hope they last through the night. meanwhile we are parenting the
yungen that ended up on the ground, something new for us it will got
to a carer on wednesday in gympie.

the only snkaes we've seen this season so far are 2 olive tree snakes
haven't seen any of the venomous buggers yet. we are lucky with
mossies unless they blow in from somewhere's else usually on
nortehrlies from up ted's way or fraser island we don't grow many of
our won so to date haven't need the mossy net and i don't look any
good in pink, seems to suit you better lol only joking only joking
knowing me i'm most likely enviouse.

we could use more rain but we have sufficient water all our own so any
restrictions are what we impose, did well with the brassicas still got
some coming along got our summer seeds up now. and we had our worst
frost every i tagged it as a bo-derek++ that's a 10++, even singed
young native eucalypts etc and the cabbages. ut then that's the price
we pay for removing all those trees west of the range.

you take care to pete, great chatting with you, like i say i'm all
ears.

did you note that my web addy has changed?

haven't got time to proof read this so the typo's will be B.A.D

len

snipped

Old 06-10-2003, 10:23 AM
len gardener

[...]

Houston lurker needs cicada advice... Lynda LeCompte Texas 13 20-06-2005 05:19 AM
Lurker Delurks WRabbit United Kingdom 4 08-04-2005 11:15 PM
Questions from a Lurker Wrench Edible Gardening 13 24-01-2004 06:03 PM
Lurker introduces... N. van Burgsteden United Kingdom 5 12-01-2003 09:31 AM