Old 06-12-2003, 07:12 AM
Homefinders

Default PC wise here?

Fran said, "Anyway Judanne, what is happening pc-wise in your neck of the
woods?" (sorry I had to correct your spelling of my name!!)

Well, Fran, I have to admit, not a lot personally. I started a PC course by
correspondence just before I left Victoria for Tassie, but that's as far as
it went and that was 2 years ago. Even the bonsai are being neglected at
the moment as I am attempting to start up a small business and its 6 days a
week at the moment, until I work out what it is that I'm doing and how I
want to do it.

I really can't do anything at my place until I get it fenced as I have
rabbits, wallabies, potoroos, eastern barred bandicoots, possums and
probably heaps of others that I *haven't* seen that come in and eat anything
that I plant. (I've even had baby rabbits in the house. I found one under
the fridge the other day and thought that would be a great name for a book,
"A rabbit under the fridge". Unfortuately for them it is Puss that brings
them in through the cat flap so the project for the next couple of Sundays
is to make a cat enclosure at the rear of the house.)

At the moment all my plantings are done in pots and raised up off the
ground. I did ask somebody to come and give me a quote on fencing it off,
but they never returned and I haven't followed it up. I live alone and I
have some chronic health problems, too, so things like this I have to rely
on outside help.

My ideal would be to have a passive solar house with an integrated garden,
but this may be some way down the track. I visited David Holmgren's home
and garden when I was with the Dromana PC group a few years ago and I was
amazed what he managed to do on 2 acres, so he has been a good inspiration
to me.

Meanwhile there is a lot of debate here in Tassie about the woodchipping of
old growth forests in the Styx valley, with letters in the paper almost
every day pro and con and uninformed statements like "they need to be cut
down or they will just go to rot" obviously not realising that is just what
they *are* meant to do!!

Judanne