Old 09-12-2003, 06:02 AM
Geodyne

Default So much activity!

Hi all,

alt.pc had been so quiet that I had actually unsubscribed, but this
afternoon I thought to check it out on google and lo and behold, there
are so many of the old names back and chatting!

I am still busy, I still have no life (still working full-time and
attempting to get the Ph.D. finished outside work hours - by the end
of the year with any luck). My little 1/8th acre plot has been ignored
for the better part of two years and it looks it :-(

And we now have a motorway in construction in what used to be the bush
block behind my place, although I can't complain about that too much
as they are being the model of community consultation and
consideration. Every time our community has raised a concern it has
been listened to and acted on, which is great. They're building a 10 m
levee behind our back fences and that will be xenoscaped in due
course.

I'm hoping to get a bit more native landscaping done once summer has
passed.

Good to see that so many of you are doing well and fighting the good
fight. Now we jsut need to rouse Mark and Heather out of their hidign
places!

Tara
Old 09-12-2003, 09:03 AM
pete

"Geodyne" wrote in message
Hi all,

alt.pc had been so quiet that I had actually unsubscribed, but this
afternoon I thought to check it out on google and lo and behold, there
are so many of the old names back and chatting!

Hiya Tara
It's Len making all the traffic, ya can't shut him up when he starts

Nice to know you're still out there ...even though what you're doing sounds
very much like work to me :-( ...
there should be a law against that.

Pete

---

Old 09-12-2003, 07:33 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Geodyne contains these words:

Hi all,

Hi Tara nice to see you back

Good to see that so many of you are doing well and fighting the good
fight.

Fighting already? Is LL back too?

Now we jsut need to rouse Mark and Heather out of their hidign
places!

They must have finished their house by now.

Janet.

Old 10-12-2003, 01:03 AM
len gardener

thanks pete good to know i've got good solid cyber freinds out there
huh chuckle giggle.

welcome back tara,

always work to do hey should be a law a gainst it, me and bev just
finished doing a MYOB course at TAFE so hoping we can generate income
from that buy either bev working for someone she did 2 levels of the
thing, or me doing work at home for local business people with bev's
help of course.

anyhow we've had some good rain here over the past 7 days 140mm in
total so far and more on the way i dare say, a fair sort of cyclon up
off the west aussie nth coast a bit of a way out to sea yet, but
reckon the wa'ers and perth resi's will be wanting it to hit landfall
and hopefully bring drought breaking rain. it had dropped to 960 hp
forget what was tracey in darwin back in the 70's?

we need 20 more mm to hit the meter of rain for the year long time
coming around here, only 670mm last year. still transplanting seedling
native euc's around especially now that it's rained. our 170++ tom'
plants are loving along with allour other summer stuff of course.

have fun all and take care

especially me mate pete

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

http://home.dnet.aunz.com/gardnlen/
Old 13-12-2003, 12:06 AM
Fran

"Geodyne" wrote in message

alt.pc had been so quiet that I had actually unsubscribed, but this
afternoon I thought to check it out on google and lo and behold, there
are so many of the old names back and chatting!

Hi Tara :-)) Nice to see you again after so long.

I am still busy, I still have no life (still working full-time and
attempting to get the Ph.D. finished outside work hours - by the end
of the year with any luck). My little 1/8th acre plot has been ignored
for the better part of two years and it looks it :-(

That time has gone sooooo fast. It seems like just yesterday hat you had
moved in there. I must be getting old as the years all seem to pass in a
flash these days.

And we now have a motorway in construction in what used to be the bush
block behind my place,

Bummer!

Visit us more often- I may even get off my bot and post a bit more when I
get the current round of renovations out of the way.

A bit of activity Mike United Kingdom 12 02-05-2005 12:51 PM
orchids with the most frequent activity J Fortuna Orchids 17 15-01-2005 10:08 PM
Gardening club - activity ideas needed!!! Jane Ransom United Kingdom 59 05-02-2004 07:33 PM
[IBC] website - using the list to urge other so engage in illegal activity Andy Rutledge Bonsai 2 01-02-2004 12:43 AM
Is there any UK activity in this group mark potter alt.forestry 11 20-03-2003 08:44 PM