Old 18-03-2004, 10:27 PM
Geodyne

Default The Breedersons revisited

On 18 Mar 2004 19:00:17 GMT, acon (Sirius631) wrote:

You're in an apartment? There's still a lot you can do with an average
apartment balcony. You'd be surprised.

Yes indeed. I have 6 foam boxes on my balcony, and it's only about 4
square meters. Carrots, lettuce, peppermint, tomato, brocolli. It's
great. Makes me sick seeing all the wasted lawns around!

Carrots in a foam box....I am very impressed. They're such a long-term
vegetable.

Beans would be another really good, high-yield crop for that area.

I was exaggerating somewhat, of course. I didn't catch Geodyne's early tales
of woe about the neighbours from hell, but I guess I have a similar problem.

You didn't catch my early tales of woe about the neighbours from hell,
because they were *cough* onanentirelydifferentnewsgroup *cough*. :-)

The people next door to me, or rather their kids and friends, seem to use my
garden as a public right of way and steal my apples. Makes me think it would be
better to sell up and buy a more suitable property away from such
self-centered, anti-social gits. Or I could just put up bigger fences, which I
don't particularly want to do because it would cut down the growing space and
what little space I have to sunbathe in private.

As it's trespass, I would either inform the parents that it's not on,
or start calling the police, every time you catch them doing it. If
you talk to the parents, phrase it in terms of the childrens' safety
and see what comes out of that. After all, you spray those apples with
nasty, poisonous chemicals fairly regularly and without notice, right?
;-)

Geodyne

Old 24-03-2004, 11:51 AM
Chookie

In article ,
Geodyne wrote:

I'm afraid not. I'm in dry, dusty, no-fresh-water-to-spare-for-lawns
Australia. Sydney, to be precise.

delurking for this thread

Where? I live in Lidcombe.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet

Old 24-03-2004, 09:02 PM
Geodyne

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 21:20:10 +1100, Chookie
wrote:

In article ,
Geodyne wrote:

I'm afraid not. I'm in dry, dusty, no-fresh-water-to-spare-for-lawns
Australia. Sydney, to be precise.

delurking for this thread

Where? I live in Lidcombe.

I'm in Glenwood, Chookie; so not far away at all. Although I spend
most of my time working in North Ryde at the moment.

Geodyne