Old 12-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Janet Baraclough..

Default A diploma yuppy speaks... open letter to all perma-culturists who realy care - back 2 grass

The message
from "Graham Burnett" contains these words:

Just for the record, I have held the Diploma in Permaculture Design as
awarded by the UK Permaculture Academy since September 2001. It's a
'qualification' I'm extremely proud of (especially as my achievenments
within any other sort of formal 'further education' since I left skool in
1977 amount to precisely zilch) , and I still sometimes get angst with
myself as to whether I actiually deserve it or not.

Good for you, well done.

In these three years however my permaculture diploma has directly led to me
earning the princely sum of fifty quid (about 100 dollars in upside down
money??). I also earn maybe 4 0r 5 hundred quid a year teaching permaculture
on courses which probably cost me twice that in time, energy and stress
terms organising.

You put Len to shame.

Janet.