Old 28-10-2004, 08:38 AM
len gardener

Default Seedling planting advice request (backyard-gardener)

g'day felix,

dunno where you are mate but here in se/qld we have had quiet a warm
to hot spring.

anyway for what it counts i would be looking at pushing a hole through
the clover and planting the new season seeds. i don't greenmulch with
living plants but i do mulch rather heavily and this works for me.

len enjoysing our sub/tropical se/qld weather.

snipped
--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.
Old 30-10-2004, 03:30 AM
len gardener

got your e/mail felix,

my experience with mulch is it rots away and in the warmer days with
some rain the quicker this happens. i did manage to leave out the
follow up word "seedlings" that you talked about, but typo's happen
hey? i would expect clover mulch to break down rather rapidly once
decomposition begins, i use slashed pasture grass as mulch and
generally lay it to around 2 foot deep in no time it can be down to 8
or 10"s, while the break down occurs i make holes or pull material
aside to create narrow clearways for seeds and or seedlings. as the
new grows the mulch breaks down and the seedling have heaps of room
and all the benefits of mulching.

sorry to hear you had virus infection problems.

yup reckon it's gotta be gods own hey??? lol

my web address is included in my signature line for those that are
looking for some advice on the topics i cover or need some ideas, i
get nothing for any visits.

enjoy you'll find this forum is pretty quiet nowadays.

also had to add the bit about the spam filters as there are heaps out
there who ahve no idea when they look doctored e/mail addy, or have
any idea waht to do if an addy doesn't work for that reason.

hope your new season plants do well and i guess summer comes to
canberra sooner or later huh chuckle

len

snipped