Old 27-01-2005, 12:29 AM
sunrise farm

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"sunrise farm" wrote in message
news:FhMHd.125958$

We have 50 acres of land (20 acres of paddocks and 30 of bush) on the

mid
north coast of NSW that came with a one room shack and some fruit trees.
As there are 6 of us the shack isn't big enough so we've put up a 12 x

12
colourbond shed next to the shack. We think it's going to take about a

year
to build a house, so this is home until then.

Wow, 6 of you! That is a big tribe these days. More willing workers
hopefully :-))

Not so willing so far, they're still finding their feet though :0)

So what do you plan to do with your land? And what sort of plans do you
have for the house?

We're going to run some 'pie cows' once we're done fencing the place and
getting the bore in. We're also planning to get in 10 or 15 acres of
furniture timber as a super-annuation crop, and aside from that; vegie
gardens, orchard, freezer lambs and pigs, but for now we're building critter
housing and paddocks and waiting for water. Things tend to take a little
longer in the country, i think that was my biggest surprise, but I don't
actually mind it.

As far as the house goes, we're building a passive solar shoe box out of
cement blocks (ugh, but good in fire prone areas, cheap and easy to render).
Solar hot water service, composting toilet, mains electricity for the time
being, bottled gas and tank water.

Don't let him do that. He'll turn into a lying mongrel who thinks

that
people will believe any old lie they are told - oops I forgot, they do
believe any old lie they are told!

But they conveniently forget they were ever lied to apparently and just

vote
the buggers in again *sigh*

Yes, sad ain't it.

Maybe Pete could start a new trend in politicians? Say he's out fishing

and
bloody well mean it! lol

Nah Pete is too honest to take it on. He has some principles.

Ahhh principles... that will never work in politics, Pete will just have to
stick to fishing (I can almost hear him laughing and asking if there was
ever a doubt :0p)

Andi

Old 27-01-2005, 12:29 AM
sunrise farm

"pete" wrote in message
Farm1 wrote:

Nah Pete is too honest to take it on. He has some principles.

Absolutely ..and just to prove it I'll let you buy into my scheme for a
Ski Resort in Alice Springs, central location, many visitors each year,
abundant wildife.
Looking for 10 investors with a million each howya fixed? :-)

Do ya take cheques :0p

What sticks to EPDM rubber Randy Ponds 2 15-06-2003 06:44 AM
are "regular" fertilizer sticks appropriate for aquarium use? Duncan A. McRae Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 26-05-2003 03:56 PM
Walking Sticks? Martin C. Jensen Gardening 0 21-04-2003 07:44 PM
Senecio Mandraliscae aka Blue Chalk Sticks in Malaysia anthony_eu Gardening 3 12-03-2003 05:44 AM
Composting sticks and limbs.... animaux Gardening 4 28-02-2003 01:51 PM