GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Permaculture (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/permaculture/)
-   -   Permaculture Books (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/permaculture/89245-permaculture-books.html)

Bodhi Smaran 28-01-2005 12:37 AM

Permaculture Books

Could someone advice in some auto-study permaculture book, please?

Thank you

[email protected] 28-01-2005 10:56 AM

On 27 Jan 2005 16:37:06 -0800, (Bodhi Smaran)
wrote:

Could someone advice in some auto-study permaculture book, please?

Thank you

This group offers training but no online courses; see Dan Hemenway and
Yankee Permaculture for that:

Cascadia Permaculture

LINKS & RESOURCES
http://www.cascadiapermaculture.com/links.html

BIBLIOGRAPHY
http://www.cascadiapermaculture.com/biblio.html

Homefinders 01-02-2005 10:21 AM

Here is the Website for the Permaculture Institute of Australia

http://www.permaculture.org.au/ There are courses on this site as well as
books for sale and you can also sign up for regular newsetters.

I also have a very good permaculture book, but I'm reading it in the
hospital at the moment, so I'll see if I can remember to bring it home and
put the name, author and publlisher on this site.

The two other p.c. books I have at the moment are the classic 'Introduction
to Permaculture' by Bill Mollison with Reny Mia Slay, Tagari Pulications
and 'The Permaculture Home Garden' by Linda Woodrow, Viking Publishers.

Judanne
Tasmania

om...

Homefinders 02-02-2005 10:24 AM

I also have a very good permaculture book, but I'm reading it in the
hospital at the moment, so I'll see if I can remember to bring it home and
put the name, author and publlisher on this site.

And here it is. I have found it to be an excellent primer, it is not
written for any particular climatic zone but, instead, talks about
prevailing winds, sunny side, etc. It explains in clear and uncomplicated
language what the principles of Permaculture is.
"Earth Users Guide to Permaculture" by Rosemary Morrow and illustrated by
Rob Allsop, publisher is Kangaroo Press.

Judanne

Chookie 05-02-2005 08:02 AM

In article ,
(Bodhi Smaran) wrote:

Could someone advice in some auto-study permaculture book, please?

And when we've exhausted that discussion, can someone post a review of David
Holmgren's book? (And psst -- why don't he and Bill Mollison seem to work
together any more?)

I will second the recommendation for Rosemary Morrow's book.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.

Homefinders 06-02-2005 04:44 AM

Here is a zipped url to reviews of his latest book on the Amazon website by
users http://www.zippedurl.com/5n0i9j

and here is the zipped url of editorial reviews from the same site
http://www.zippedurl.com/4s4r6e

Judanne