GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Permaculture (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/permaculture/)
-   -   Where is the most fertile land in Victoria? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/permaculture/94338-where-most-fertile-land-victoria.html)

[email protected] 19-05-2005 02:03 PM

Where is the most fertile land in Victoria?

Hi group,

Can anyone advise me on where are the most fertile soils in Victoria?
With plenty of access to water and no salinity problems? Are there any
areas particularly suited to organic farming?

Thanks all.

Farm1 20-05-2005 08:10 AM

wrote in message

Can anyone advise me on where are the most fertile soils in Victoria?
With plenty of access to water and no salinity problems? Are there any
areas particularly suited to organic farming?

Given the increasing problems with rainfall, I think I'd be looking
carefully at that first and probably look in the sth east or close to the
coast in Nth Gippsland.