Old 29-09-2005, 06:13 AM

Default separation of cells from supernatants

Hi all,
have a suspension that contains plant cells and other floating
assortments like oils and proteins. I want to get rid of the cells from
this mix. The cells are 10 microns across and 100 micros length and i
have oil-protein emulsions in my cream that are 10 to 100 microns
sized. Hence, filtration has not been producing good results. I have
tried centrifugation, but these cells have been acted upon strong
enzymes and float to the top with the oil emulsions and do not separate
out. Does anyone have suggestions on how I can separate out this
troublesome mix?
Thanks a lot,
Murali