Old 08-12-2005, 11:11 PM posted to bionet.plants
birdieb

Default Philodendron selloum help

Hi everyone!

I just received from the University a huge Philodendron selloum that
they wanted to throw away because it had gotten too large to keep.
Nobody knew how to reduce its size without harming or killing it so
they let in grow untill in really got out of proportion. Students
"teased" it on the hall ways and I suffered to see it mistreated. It is
such a gorgeous looking plant! I am afraid that if I try to separate
the babies or cut the trunck to make it smaller I could kill it. After
some struggle and help from the neighbours we managed to get it in the
house as it is - huge. But my husband doesn't seem very enthusiastic at
the thought that the plant will become bigger and bigger.
Can anyone help me?

Thank you!