GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Plant Biology (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/)
-   -   Moss Killer (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/13827-moss-killer.html)

frank stefek 05-04-2003 03:32 PM

Moss Killer

One of my customers has a big problem with moss on his roof and walls.
Can anyone tell me of a good Moss Killer witch is easily obtainable and easy
to use?

Frank

I Don't Like Spam 05-04-2003 03:32 PM

Moss Killer

On Sun, 9 Feb 2003 17:43:46 -0500, "Mark Healey"
wrote:

35% Hydrogen Peroxide mixed at 1:50 should do the trick.

"frank stefek" wrote in message
One of my customers has a big problem with moss on his roof and walls.
Can anyone tell me of a good Moss Killer witch is easily obtainable and

easy
to use?

Frank

Please do not handle 35% Hydrogen Peroxide!!! This is VERY nasty
stuff; coming in contact with just a small amount can be very painful
and hazardous to your health!

More dilute concentrations are relatively safe to work with, but the
concentrated stuff should only be handled by experts with the proper
materials handling gear.

Perhaps you could try dilute laundry bleach instead.

Dennis G. 05-04-2003 03:32 PM

Moss Killer

"frank stefek" wrote:

One of my customers has a big problem with moss on his roof and walls.
Can anyone tell me of a good Moss Killer witch is easily obtainable and easy
to use?

Frank

Zinc strips available at a home improvement store attached to roof peaks and
walls tops will normally provide enough metal in the sulphate or oxide form to
keep moss freom growing.
Iron, sulphate can be used but stains brown. Copper sulphate works but often
kills other vegetation it hits and stains, Zinc oxide is often used as a spray.

Check your buiding supply store.

Dennis