GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Plant Biology (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/)
-   -   Graduate assistantship in tree ecophysiology (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-biology/139080-graduate-assistantship-tree-ecophysiology.html)

Mike Day 14-03-2006 01:21 PM

Graduate assistantship in tree ecophysiology

Graduate assistantship in tree ecophysiology available at the
University of Maine. I am seeking a MS or Ph.D. student to join
our research program studying the influence of past and future
climate change and management options on tree species
composition of the Acadian forest. The Acadian forest occupies
a tension zone between the boreal forest and the eastern
deciduous forest providing an excellent setting for investigating
the ecophysiology of range-limits, competition, species
migrations and related topics. Our current approach is studying
the tradeoffs between opportunity and stress offered by rapid
shifts in environmental factors. This position includes a stipend,
full tuition and health insurance. Contact Mike Day, Department
of Forest Ecosystem Science, University of Maine, Orono ME
04469. Telephone 207.581.2889 or email
ichael E. Day, Ph.D.

Department of Forest Ecosystem Science
5755 Nutting Hall
University of Maine, Orono, Maine 04469-5755
(207) 581-2889 FAX: (207) 581-4257