Old 15-03-2006, 06:53 PM posted to bionet.plants,bionet.plants.education,msn.forums.gardening.houseplants,msn.forums.homeandgarden.gardening.houseplants
Just D.

Default Soil deseases

All,

What newsgroups are discussing the soil diseases? I think I got a problem
with the soil that I bought in the store for my back and front yard
planting. There are something like small white hard balls (sphericules?)
2-3-5 mm size in the soil and I initially supposed that it was added to make
the soil better, but then I found that it looks like it grows up and after
the last rain there are many new white spheres around the lemon tree, roses,
etc. In other words in all places where I added the soil that I bought I see
these balls. These balls are not soft or gel like, it's looking like
something else, hard enough and when I squeeze it between fingers the white
powder appears.

Who knows what's that, some kind of fungus or something? Can I use some
chemicals to kill that or I need to replace the soil around all plants? It
would be terrible because I can damage the roots, etc., but if I have no
choice...

I can provide a digital image and place a link here in the newsgroup if
anybody can tell me what's that.

Just D.