Old 03-05-2006, 02:10 AM posted to bionet.plants
Sam

Default Please Help Identify House Plant

It's been growing in a hanging basket in a shady window for about 2
years. Quite bushy. Leaves look similar to those on strawberry
plants. This spring it sprouted flowers - a big surprise. They are
about an inch and a half long and bell shaped. They are white with
purple dots at the opening. They are on a stalk with 3 or 4 around
each position. These positions are spaced about an inch from each
other, along the stalk. I am completely mystified by what this
supermarket bought plant is. There was no identification on the pot.
Thanks for any help here.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:35 PM posted to bionet.plants
monique

A photo or comparison would be helpful. Here is a starting point:
http://www.hear.org/starr/hiplants/i...ticillatus.htm

How does your plant differ from this?

M. Reed

Old 03-05-2006, 08:08 PM posted to bionet.plants
Sam

On Wed, 03 May 2006 08:35:25 -0500, monique
wrote:

A photo or comparison would be helpful. Here is a starting point:
http://www.hear.org/starr/hiplants/i...ticillatus.htm

How does your plant differ from this?

M. Reed

The leaves on my plant are more shield like than the rounded ones in
the picture and more sharply toothed. The flowers seems the same. I
wonder if what I have is a relative. Thanks.